What does it cost?
Fees to hire the hall and (if required) the licensed bar are listed at the bottom of this page.
Note: In addition to the hire fees, a separate refundable damage deposit of £100 is required, and both must be paid in advance of the hire date to secure a booking.
What to do if you are thinking of booking?
If you’re thinking of hiring our hall, you will probably have a bunch of questions. Most if not all of these will likely be answered on our Frequently Asked Questions page, so please look at that first, before getting in touch with us. Also, before booking, you should read the Terms & Conditions that apply to all bookings and make sure you understand them. When you sign a booking form, you will be agreeing to comply with these T&Cs.
To make a booking, please follow these 5 simple steps:
- Check availability of your preferred date and time using our Availability Calendar.
- Register your interest by email to our bookings officer. If your preferred slot appears available and you wish to progress, use the email enquiry form below to register your interest. Our bookings officer will reply to confirm whether it is available and, if it is, reserve it for you as a tentative booking. (There’s a small chance that we have recently had another enquiry for the same date which is still being processed, hence the need to check.)
- Download, complete and sign the booking form(s). Note that there are two separate booking forms: a hall booking form which applies to all bookings, and a separate bar booking form that you also need to complete if you want to hire the licensed bar as part of your overall booking. (The buttons below will open the forms in a new tab so you can download a copy and complete it digitally, or print out and fill it in by hand.)
- Send the completed booking form(s) our bookings officer, preferably by email to email@example.com, or print them off and post or hand-deliver them to our bookings officer (contact details are on the form).
- Pay the hire fees and returnable damage deposit, preferably by bank transfer to our account (bank details are shown on the booking form) quoting the hire date as a reference. Both must be received in full within 3 weeks to secure the booking.
Please note that any dates provisionally agreed with our bookings officer will be treated as tentatively reserved until the properly completed bookings forms are received and all monies due have been paid. The hall is in high demand and your tentative reservation will be held for no longer than three weeks, so please send the completed forms and payments to us as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. You can cancel a booking at any time up to 30 days before the hire date and receive a full refund.
Bookings Email enquiry form
The following enquiry form can be used to register your interest in a particular date/time with our bookings officer by email. In the message box please include the times, whether or not you require the bar, and any other questions or comments, then click “Send booking enquiry email” when completed.
Fees to hire the hall
Hire fees vary depending on the day of the week and time:
Monday to Friday (08:00 – 23:45) – £13 per hour
Saturday or Sunday
Daytime (Saturday 11:00–18:00, Sunday 08:00-18:00) – £18 per hour
Evening block booking (18:00-23:45) – £150
All day block booking (11:00–23:45) – £200
Sunday morning clear up (before noon), after Saturday night booking – £50 (subject to availability)
Bank holiday hires are charged at weekend rates
(The hall is closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.)
Bar Hire Fees
Before 18:00 – £13 per hour, per member of staff (2 staff if more than 50 people)
After 18:00, up to 50 people – £25 (flat fee)
After 18:00, over 50 people – £50 (flat fee)
Corkage – £5 per item (if pre-agreed with our bar manager)
Special Crockery and Cutlery is available to hire for special occasions
Up to 60 settings £25
Up to 120 settings £40
To read about how we handle any data that you provide as part of your booking, please read our GDRP statement which is linked below: